Monday, September 17, 2012

Quilts, Quilts, and more quilts

Not much going on with the house this week.  We had a fun cookout with some of the guys and their wives (and Joe, too!) from where Jeff works.  They were fun, young,and made me feel old.  We played Apples to Apples and if you've ever played Apples to Apples you should try to play with four engineers, it is challenging.  Engineers are a weird bunch, not bad, just it's easier when things "make sense" and there are times during the game when it makes no sense and that my friend is difficult for a group of engineers.  Married 26 years to one, what can I say?
Judy C in NC sent me a couple of beautiful quilts, just as perfect as ever.  Judy always makes me look good.  Pop over to Judy's blog Shade Tree Quilting and say hello.  Here's Judy's quilts....



Next up we have Terry's cute little quilt.  She's blogged about it today, read all
about it at Terry's Treasures.


Another blogger Barb, who is very busy with life dropped off a few of her quilts.  She's at A Corgi to Quilt By.  Her last post has been a while ago, but she has really been busy!!  Love the Ghastly quilt that I worked with for her and the kitty Halloween quilt just kept me smiling.  Here's her quilts....




Betty Ann here in NH had me work on this great fall quilt.  We put maple leaves on it, and it is fantastic!!  Betty Ann is a fairly new quilter and doing a great job.  Don't you love the colors?


Had one guild meeting last week and we had a Sit & Sew on Saturday.  We worked on making bags for our quilt show which I'm hoping will be in April.  Need to get some work done on the show this week, since I'm chairing....um, time to crank up the pace on the details.  Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of the bags and the gals when we worked together at my house.  Forgot my camera on Saturday.   darn it!!! 
Regina and her bag...(Judy C quilt on the frame)



Betty Ann and her bag.....


Here's what I'm working on...can you believe it???  I actually have done something...



One more picture and I'm done....gonna miss these little guys...


More quilt pictures can always be seen at the other blog, here's the link:
Have a wonderful week,
thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne
love to hear what you've got to say..................


6 comments:

Terry said...

I always enjoy seeing all the beautiful quilts you show here, and the lovely quilting too! Thanks for all you do! :0)

Allie said...

Oh you busy girl, you're doing marvelous work - love all the quilts!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow NICE!!! Beautiful quilts!!!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of beautiful quilts and the ghastlies are so fun.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful quilts!!! It is always nice to see them finished up.

Barb said...

Thank you Joanne! Your work is always fantastic--can't wait to receive the other three! I am working on three more--but don't panic, they are in various stages and I am back to school so quilting is slower!

I will have to get back to my blog!
Soon!