Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Hope you all had a great weekend.  We had a busy one, me working on quilts for Judy C, Barb and Betty Ann.  Jeff managed to get more work done on the house with the help from one of the boys.

Lots of quilts to share today, so on with the show....

Nancy in PA kept me busy for quite a while.  Now, I want to point out that she sends me a box loaded with quilts and I work on them a few at a time  But she finally received the last box on Saturday so it's time to show her great work!  Here's a few....







 
Rachel lives in a town not far from me.  I met her through activities with one of the guilds I belong too.  She has brought me several quilts that I am working my way through for her.  Here's a few that I've finished recently....
 





These two gals have kept me pretty busy!!  I've got more of Rachel's that I will be working on and sharing in the upcoming months.  And a few more hangin' out that are patiently awaiting my attention. 

Jeff kept just as busy this weekend installing more siding.  On this side of the house the siding was pulled so he could repair an opening that was allowing the critters (aka mice) to get all comfy cozy living in the walls of our house.  We couldn't figure out how these little critters were getting in the ceiling between the basement and the first floor.  UNTIL - he pulled the walls in the bathroom, remember those pictures???  Well, that weekend we caught about 12 mice!!  ICK! ICK! ICK!!!!! Know the best way to catch a mouse???

 
Yup, a Shop Vac!!  Just suck those little critters up.  Well, the hole in the outside wall moved us from the bathroom to the outside wall, back to the drywall in the bathroom.  But it's not just the drywall, it's the special stuff to hang tiles in a shower on and that means a special tool that has to cut the special stuff.  (I remember now, cement board - can't be cut with any ole' tool, need that special one)  And of course can't find one locally, so online tool shopping....ugh!!  The saga of the never ending house.  Here's a few pictures for me to remember where we were and that we are actually making progress. LOL!!  Bathroom before...


Bathroom now...
 
Install/replace the siding....

 
Got the insulation and wiring done for the ugly sconces that we aren't agreeing on hanging beside this window....
 
 
Okay, I've sat here long enough, time to get busy so I've can post more next week.  For more pictures of these great quilts and no house pictures hit the other blog, here's the link....
 
 
Have a fabulous week!!
thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne
 
love to hear what you've got to say...................
 
 

6 comments:

Terry said...

Great quilts! I love the nine patch blocks set on point. I'm adding that one to my never-ending list! LOL And YUK about the mice!

Rhonda said...

Joanne, I nearly spewed my drink when I read your clever way of catching mice. I am still giggling hysterically ove that one.
I always love seeing what you've been quilting. You have some talented piecers and your quilting in fantastic!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of beautiful quilts and quilting. I really need to get going on mine. The new work looks nice, I am sure you will be happy when it is done. We had our siding redone, a big mess, but nice when it is finished.

Debbie

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Wonderful quilt show....not so wonderful mouse pix...YIKES! LOL Smart thinking...I use my shop vac to suck up ants when they make a nest...quick and easy :)

Kelly

Susan said...

Holy cow...you have been busy! All that quilting and construction too? Sheesh!

Talin's Corner said...

Those quilts and your quilting are beautiful.