Monday, September 3, 2018

May Quilting

May started out slowly for me with the machines.  Having foot surgery I was sofa sitting for the better part of two and half almost three weeks.  It nearly killed my hubbie!! I'm not sure if it was harder on me or him.  Neither one of us are used to sitting around, we pretty much stay busy from sun up to sun down.  Unless he's gone and then I'm burning the midnight oil and you might find me posting on facebook at one or two a.m!  I did manage to get a few great quilts finished off and back to the gals.  Here's what May looked like in my quilting room.

Our first two quilts are from Karen right here in NH.  Karen is a fairly new quilter and coming along wonderfully!  I am enjoying watching her project expand her quilting knowledge.  She is really doing a great job and I love seeing all of her latest project.





Another quilter who I have had the pleasure of watching her quilting change and greatly improve with each new project is Katherine!  She is enjoying retirement and I just love having her and her adorable hubbie Pix stop in to see me.    Here's a few of Katherine's latest.








Here's a quilt from Bonnie in VT.  I just love the old designs using the new modern fabrics.  With this quilt we were able to match the quilting design with the design of the fabric!  Finished the quilt off perfectly!



Next quilt if from Rosie in VT.  She stamped the design on the fabric to create this amazing friendship quilt.    It's a wonderful blend of hearts, flowers, leaves and other things that create a delicate combination that was perfect for this quilt.



My friend Dorothy is still working at those scraps, well, that's what she's telling me.  We've seen many wonderful quilts from Dorothy in WA, here are her latest.  What great scrap busters these two quilts would be.  I love that she's used  a red as her solid color.  Good job!





Monica, a friend of Dorothy's sent this great table runner for me to help her finish off.  The perfect piecing made it an absolute pleasure to work with.  



That's it for the month of May, not many quilts but stay tuned!!  June was  a very busy month for me and I've got lots of quilts to show you!  More photos of these great quilts can be seen here:


thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne
love to hear what you've got to say.....

No comments: