Saturday, February 3, 2018

November - Just a few

Between the final stages of the construction and the retreat not much quilting took place in November.  I had one machine down for the entire month due to painting, updating computer and needing space to work around the construction.  

With my space completed it was totally worth the headache of it all, but I'm not settled in quite yet.  I don't have things placed where they need to be.  I want to take my time and try to find the best place for all my "stuff".  The good news is the machines are up and running full speed.

Here's the fabulous quilting that happened....

Well of course I'm loving the first one!  Jane finished off this great quilt for a grand and it's headed out west.  Living in a warmer climate she opted to use the Katahdin 100% batting and this one drapes like a dream!  We selected a more modern design keeping the younger quilt owner in mind.  



Karla has finished off a couple of quilts for her boys, but this one is all about her!  Warm and comfy done in flannels using the Warm Company new Plush batting makes this one a bit heavier and a whole lot warmer!  Hearts and flowers with a more traditional quilting design finished this one off beautifully.



OMG!!
This was amazing!!  Mary brought me this Christmas Tree Skirt that she had made for her daughter in law.  The photos do not do it justice!  The gold fabric that Mary used for the backing and a few of the pieces on the front was super, super special.  This  fabric was leftover from her daughter in law's brides maids dresses!  How cool is that??  What a special gift!



Up next is a quilt from Terry.  This quilt was donated to the Jack Byrne Cancer Center.  This is a great quilt for a man, and we all know how difficult making quilts for men can be.  Good job, Terry!



Working with Virginia on the next few quilts was bright and cheery! Most of these quilts used Minky as a backing and I loved it!  With or without batting Minky is an amazing backing creating a quilt that anyone would fall in love with!







Lastly, I have a fun 1600 from Aubre.  This was a Christmas gift for a younger gal, we kept the quilting light and fun!  Using the 30's fabrics, the 1600 pattern is a wonderfully easy fantastic gift.  Aubre used a solid red backing that highlights the quilting.



Well, that's it.  
I know!!  Can't believe I did so few quilts in November!  But just wait until you see the December quilts!  Lots of beauties!  As usual don't forget you can click on the photo for a closer look at the quilt and/or the quilting.  Here's a link to the other blog for most photos of these amazing quilts!


That's it for now,
thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say......

No comments: