Friday, March 9, 2012

Quilt Day! It's about stars and color!

Here's three more quilts that I've had the pleasure to work with recently.  The first one is a quilt from one of the guilds that I belong too.  This is a quilt from our Community Service project,  like most guilds we donate quilts to people or organizations in need.  The funky stars designs makes this an amazingly cool quilt.

The second quilt comes from a talented young lady in North Carolina.  Caitlin has been busy working on tops!!  I've got one of hers on the frame now and one waiting in the wings to be next.  The fabrics that she used were so fun, bright and colorful!

Sue made three little quilts for co-workers who held down the fort while she was on sick leaving having her shoulder taken care of.  The bold bright colors of the batiks made a fantastic top and she used fleece as the backing for warmth.  Great little quilts!

Well that's it for today, hope you enjoyed seeing these I've got plenty more to come! 
Take a closer look at these over at the other blog, here's the link:
Insanely Cheap Quilting 
Have a super weekend!!
thanks for checking on me
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.................

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I like the star variations, nice idea to use one theme and vary it like that.

Debbie

Rhonda said...

I really like the star quilt, too.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

All 3 are wonderful! The batiks really caught my eye. ;-) Have a happy weekend!

Barb said...

My eyes honed in on the batiks...oh my gosh....good thing I am not there, I would be drooling over the quilt....(not good)...

Terry said...

Beautiful quilts! I just love that last one! :0)

Clara said...

All beautiful quilts, but I love the colors of the second one!

Unknown said...

I love the strip one especially......