Monday, October 24, 2011

Quilting Brings us together....

Just finished loading the retreat pictures and I've got tons to share.  Seems like my last few posts have been about friends.  I thought I'd start on the same note with the retreat pictures.

Retreats are fun.  You eat too much, usually sleep too little, some of us get a project or two further along in the process. But the absolute best part of retreats I have found to be spending time with the important people in your lives.  Just take a look at these pictures that I have today...

 Sisters Nancy and Eileen
 Had to take a couple...they were out of control.
 Sisters Nina and Suellen
 Sisters Anne and Mary
 Mom and daughter...Ruth and Gisela
Cousins Peggy and Penny
 
Friends Terry, Pat and Judy
 
Friends Linda, Josie, Betsy and Joyce
 
Friends Barb and Jane

This is what it's about....family and friends spending time together. This was my second retreat with this group and learning the stories behind the friendships was time well spent. I hope in the years to come I can learn more about these amazing women and their stories. 

To quote a line from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding "The men may be the head of the house but the women are the neck and they can turn the head anyway they want."  Yep, the men may have the illusion of being in charge but it is truly the strenght of women and their bonds that keep the world going. 

  It was a fabulous weekend thanks to everyone who attended.  More pictures and stories to come this week.  Hope you all had a fantastic weekend, I certainly did....

Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say....................

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love the pictures! Everyone looks like they had a wonderful fun filled time.

Barb said...

I just loved this post and your quote.....what a fun time..

Needled Mom said...

How fun!!! I am going to have to remember that quote. Too cute.

Glad that you had such a wonderful retreat.

Allie said...

Looks like a very fun group Joanne, but there's someone missing - YOU! Gotta get out from behind the camera sometime, girl! So glad you enjoyed yourself, looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

It looks like you had a great time! Retreats are really the best time spent.
I do not remember that line in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I am going to have to rewatch it. hee hee, twist my arm.
Cheers,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I have TONS of photos of Joanne, sewing in her PJ's, etc, but she won't let me post on her blog. (What's up with THAT?!!) She also cheered me on while I finished my FIRST, twin-size quilt top! AND, she had me back to using my Ohio "twang" when I talked. She's SUCH a bad influence! (;-) We had a fantastic time with her!!!
-Chris in VT

Unknown said...

someday I would love to go to one! I would have so much fun. I havent forgotten about you quilting a quilt for me...finances just ugly now but as soon as they are better, I am looking forward to it being quilted. it is my one and only ufo...