Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick post and cute little quilt....

My o' my this week is speeding along way too fast!  I can't believe it's already Tuesday!  Not sure where Monday went, but it's gone and we can't get it back.  I've already got two loads of laundry on the line to dry and the house is picked up ready for me to set my sights on quilting a couple of great quilts from Brandy that I got in yesterday's mail.  Can't wait to share them with you.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of cooking over 300 hot dogs while working a concession stand with a bunch of high school students.  It was a scholarship fund raiser for the Youth In Action club at our high school.  You can click on the link to read a little more about the organization.  It's really kinda cool, there is a teacher sponsor, (who is a saint with an amazing amount of patience) she works with the kids doing all kinds of local charity work.  I, along with my boys have worked community dinners and raking leaves for the elderly.  There are many more activities, but these are the ones that we have participated in.  Working the concession stand reminded me about all of the energy that a group of kids can have. The kids were really great and we made lots of money for their scholarship fund.  

Sunday we removed the old furnace from my laundry room and will be working on replacing it during the summer. 



Jeff (hubbie) managed to get the kitchen floor tiled and grouted.  The grout sill needs to be sealed and I'm working on picking the kitchen sink.  Then it will be counter time!!  Ugh!!  Granite? I need/want a surface that is a real workhorse, not sure granite is the way to go, but not sure of any other options. 



 I managed to get this little quilt done for Sue in NY.  It's a cutie, that will make the perfect gift for a little person to love and keep warm.  I have just finished a couple more of Sue's quilts and you are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!  The new ones have the most adorable owls on them!  Can't wait to share, but Sue has to see them first.  They should arrive on her doorstep tomorrow!!  As always you can see more pictures of this fabulous quilt at the other blog:

cheap longarm quilting


Well, that's enough for now, plenty to do, so I'd better get busy!  
Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne
love to hear what you've got to say.............


12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love your new tile, love the look of stone.
We have a tiny kitchen, so went with fake wood, easy to clean and durable. Your new quilt is beautiful, perfect colors for summer.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

The time does fly. You have a lot going on around there. I say go with the granite. It is an amazing surface and mine is a real workhorse.

Barb said...

You are sure busy over there....

How fun to redo a kitchen...well...when it gets done.

cute quilt!

Tangos Treasures said...

Kitchen is looking great!! Pretty quilt!

Terry said...

Your kitchen is going to be beautiful! Love that little quilt too! :0)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your kitchen will look amazing when it is all done! Darling little quilt you quilted for Sue :)

Jocelyn said...

Pretty tile. And what a cute little quilt.

Allie said...

Oh my goodness your kitchen is going to be gorgeous. What a lot of work! Sue's quilt is just darling, love the quilting on it!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Looks like you will be enjoying your kitchen much sooner then me! That is fantastic, everything is coming along so nicely. Are you pleased with it? I would absolutely love granite, but I fear it is out of our budget this time around. We will have to see how many pennies I can tuck away. Did you pick out your sink yet? Your kitchen looks pretty big, are you putting in an island or leaving it open?

Katrina said...

After the smoke clears you will be so happy when you get up in the morning and walk into your new kitchen, Beauty and peaceful.
We just installed an electric furnace...no more Dino fuel! I love how quiet it is.

Talin's Corner said...

I do not envy you, I may when you are all done, but not right now. When we redid my kitchen, it was the worst of times. Hope you are done soon.

Sibyl said...

I found your other blog via either a forum, or following your info from another blog. I am interested in more info on your quilting. If you would not mind contacting me at

Sibyl at scottclan . net

Please put the @ sign and delete the spaces.

Sibyl