Monday, August 25, 2014

Win, Win!!

Last Thursday I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time at the Dartmouth Hospital Children's Rheumatoid Arthritis Camp. 

I loaded up a stack of the place mats, some Tulip Fabric Markers and set out to spend a little time with the kids.  I was schedule to be one of their craft activities at camp.  

I was given an hour and half to work with the kids on the place mats. The scheduled time seemed to be the perfect amount of time to finish the project.  The girls did a wonderful job on their projects and it (in my opinion) gave everyone the perfect opportunity to slow down a bit and relax.  I noticed the girls taking the time to talk about school, their challenges with Rheumatoid Arthritis, parents, camp and many, many other topics.  I noticed they did a wonderful job of taking care of each other and offering suggestions and really helping the younger campers both with the place mats and how to deal with their challenges.  It quickly became very obvious to me how important this camp is for these children.  And yes, children, children who have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I was shocked that one little girl said she was diagnosed at the age of 2 years old!

Here's the girls and their place mats....












I hope the girls had a good time, the place mats were pretty cool when they finished.  I've posted them at the other blog you can see them HERE.

Even nurse Susan got in on the activity,


Thanks to my friend Melynn for the opportunity to join the girls, I had a wonderful time.

Now on to the winners of the drawing....


Blogger Michele T said...
Your placemats are amazing!!! My favorite two are the Motorcycles and Love Bug!! Thanks for the chance!!!
August 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

And just for fun, let's send a couple more to....

Blogger JudyCinNC said...
I finally got in ... and I really like the parasoles, Morgan, Lexi, bodangle and bird houses. JudyCnNC
August 11, 2014 at 5:52 PM

If  you ladies will send me your mailing address I'll get those in the mail to you.

Okay, that's it for today,
have a wonderful Monday!
thanks for checking on me,

hugs,
joanne


love to hear what you've got to say....... 
Delete
 
Delete

5 comments:

Sue said...

What a wonderful gift for you to give these children! Thanks so much for taking the time!

Michele T said...

What a great opportunity for you and the kids!!! Looks like everyone had a great time and the placemats look wonderful!! Lucky me too as I have won your giveaway! Woo Hoo!! I will be shooting you an email in a minute!! Thanks!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful project for the kids to work on and so many creative mats. I am sure it was just as rewarding for you, as it was for them.

Debbie

JJ said...

That looks like a awesome project for those girls. I also have RA but not till I was older, great for them to have a support group.

QuiltSue said...

That was obviously a brilliant idea. I love the look of concentration on all the girl's faces.