Friday, June 13, 2014

So....

No quilty crime this week, too much going on.  Too much on my mind. Too much to think about.  Too much, just too much.

My thoughts on blogging is to keep it upbeat and happy, but sometimes it just can't be that way.

Cancer

The word that stops lives.

The word that makes us think.

Too much to think about...

just too much.

I have a good friend who's fighting the battle, another who is dealing with a husband who's cancer has returned.

And now...another friend.

too much...

hugs.....

joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.............

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

All I can say is I'm so sorry for the sadness you and your friends are feeling.

Gene Black said...

The good news is that it CAN be beat. (yes I know that isn't proper English.) I know many survivors. I have an aunt undergoing chemo. My dad overcame his lung cancer with radiation and lived several more years before dying of something else.

Take heart, offer prayers and whatever support you can give. Take a simple meal to them on the evening before treatment day(s.) Most of all don't treat it as an elephant in the room. They need to talk and process too. (if they want to talk, of course.)

Barb said...

That is way too much.

I had a brother in law age 51 die a year ago with lung cancer. Such an ugly word. My heart goes out to you....sometimes peace comes when we rely on the one who created us. Peace will come in the quiet hours or in watching your children laugh...or a special hug or phone call....hang in there.