Monday, February 7, 2011

Are you ready to see......The Wall???

I've had everything up for a while, but have had problems getting a decent shot.  Since I was shooting into the window the light was playing havoc with the camera.  I kept getting reallly dark pictures. I was totally bummed!  Then the sweet Allie came to the rescue and gave me some tips on how and when to take the pictures.  It worked!!  Thank you so much Allie!!!   So, without further ado...

The Wall


Closer look on the right...


Closer look on the left....


And the center...


And the pictures does not do it justice!  It is so cool, and everyone notices right away when they come into my room.  They ask if they are mine, and I get to tell where they are all from and the fun story behind them.  Thank you all who sent a block for my wonderful wall!   

I've got a little more space to fill, so if you would like to send me an unloved block, I would love to have it!

Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.....

15 comments:

SublimeHues said...

WOW! You really put a lot of work into this project! It looks Great!

Terry said...

Your wall looks great! :0)

Stephanie Hughes said...

Love the wall! I might just get a few unloved blocks from someone! Very cool. Steph

Jocelyn said...

Joanne, I can't remember when you started this, but as I was re-organizing my fabric stash this past week, I found an orphan block. Does it need to be a specific size? Or does it need to be finished??

Allie said...

Joanne it looks WONDERFUL!!! That is so cool! Looks like you need some smaller ones to fill in - I'll see what I can do!

Barb said...

Oh how fun....just love it, thanks for showing it.

~Laurie~ said...

Lookin' so good!!

Pat said...

I've been wondering how that turned out....and I see it's really wonderful. I'm glad my block is part of that.......I'm sure it would still be sitting unused if it were here with me! Thanks for putting it to such a fun use.

Clara said...

Such a beautiful and colored wall!!! Definitely like it! And like the snow on the trees I see through the window. Enjoy your week, Clara.

Funoldhag said...

That is way cool! What a glorious sewing room, Joanne. It must be such a joy to walk into and to spend lots of time there.

QuiltSue said...

It looks great, I love it.

Shannon said...

Oh I can see mine!! They do all look so great! Thank you for sharing a picture!

Micki said...

It really looks wonderful! I know how much work you put into it.
Micki

Talin's Corner said...

How cheerful. The blocks look great on your wall. Enjoy.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I really like this decorating idea! I have some areas in my sewing studio that would look great with some similar decor! I'm so glad you posted this idea.

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com