Monday, February 21, 2011

Am I Alone?? Digital nightmares....

They took my Kodachrome away, what's next my digital?? I have spent the last two hours rearranging pictures that I have taken over the last year.  This will be the third or fourth time I've done this and I still haven't figured it out!  Digital was suppose to be the answer to all of those dreaded negatives laying around in boxes and drawers.  Remember those? I have quite a few myself, and they are in a tub. I know exactly where they are but am clueless as to what is on all of those tiny little squares of film strips. Somewhere in another tub or box are the pictures.  The lucky pictures have managed to make it into a scrapbook from my scrap booking days. Vaguely remember those....



Okay, on to quilting...



Here's one of the totes that I made at a Northern Lights Quilting Guild Make A Tote Day.  We got together made a tote with the promise of giving one back to the guild for our Baskets and Bowls raffle.  I love the way this one turned out.  It's going to a friend in Indy....




I got a little quilting done lately also.  Here's a sneak peek at a quilt that I had the pleasure to do for Sue in NJ.  You can see more pictures at the Cheap Quilting blog.  Sue used pinks to create a really nice quilt for a very lucky little girl.


I'm trying to catch up with my quilt postings.  I've got quite a few to share so stay tuned and come back often!

Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne,
Lovely purse!!! I was just given a beautiful homemade purse from a friend I'd given some upholstery type fabric too. I sure won in that deal!! Actually it was a surprise to me.

I also love the scrappy quilt!

Terry said...

Great bag! I finally got rid of the old negatives I had a few years ago. I still have the most recent ones I took before I got my digital camera, but that's all. And I print my digital photos about once a month or so and put them right into albums. :0)

Needled Mom said...

I have boxes like that too. SIGH!!!!

Love your great bag.

sewfunquilts said...

Totally agree on what you said about the digital pics....sheez!
Love your new bag...pretty.

Barb said...

Love the tote and quilt....

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Nice tote!! Like your quilting too....nice job.

I too was rummaging through a zillion pix last night. When I'm at the childrens events I always have a camera....often two. The parents who forget their cameras always ask me to take pix and then I'm supposed to "easily" e-mail the to them. Not so easy...after they are all mixed in...and I don't have time to sit and organize years of pix. I did some sorting last night to get that off my to do list. More is not always better....typically it is not better....except when it comes to more health, more flowers, more blue skys and more warm weather :)

Kelly

Talin's Corner said...

Love the colors of your tote; it turned out really nice.

Micki said...

I love your tote, esp. the pink with the black...a lovely combination!
Micki

Rhonda said...

Great tote.
Whew....finally a package is on its way to you from me....Enjoy!