Monday, March 14, 2011

I'd like to introduce Kelsey....


Recently I had the pleasure of working with a young lady who completed her first quilt and wanted it machine quilted. She found me googling cheap quilting in New Hampshire or something like that, we exchanged a few emails and made arrangements to meet.  Kelsey lives close by and goes to a school not too far from where I live so it was convenient for her to stop by the house. 

What a sweetie she is!  When we met she was very poised, well spoken and mature beyond her years. We chatted about quilting, scrapbooking and just things in general for what seemed like only a few minutes, but I'm sure it was more like a couple of hours. Honestly, I could have kept her she made me realize how much I miss Marcy, my daughter. It was such a pleasure to visit with someone so young and already a great quilter.  Her quilt was perfect!! Here's a few pictures of her quilt...(don't forget you can click on them for a closer look)....


Didn't she do a fabulous job on her quilt?  Did you see those seams?  I've post a couple more at my cheap quilting blog, Insanely Cheap Quilting.  Thank you Kelsey, it was my pleasure to work with you on your very first quilt and it is absolutely perfect!  Keep up the good work you have a lot of really great quilts ahead of you, hope you keep up the quilting hobby.

Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.....

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

She did a excellent job. BTW, I love Log Cabin quilts!

Merilyn said...

Kelsey did do a great job on her piecing!!! I love log-cabin quilts too!!!

QuiltSue said...

Fantastic quilt. I love the colours she used.

Tangos Treasures said...

How cool! She did a fabulous job!!

Talin's Corner said...

Wow, I am so glad you had a nice visit. I hope my daughters will eventually start to quilt.

Barb said...

How fun for you to be able to quilt this for this very talented young lady....