Thursday, December 28, 2023

Retirement?

Retirement.  What is that?

Here's a definition that pops up when you google definition of: 

Definitions from Oxford Languages

re·tire·ment: /rəˈtī(ə)rm(ə)nt/ noun the action or fact of leaving one's job and ceasing to work


????

Ceasing to work?

Nope, I'm ready for that....but the 8:00-4:30, M-F, weekends, and major holiday gig is over.   It was fun, but sometimes life changes things. Unfortunately, our family has been dealing with a few things in the last few months, but who hasn't? Life.....

Not sure where I'm going from here.  Quilting, maybe, yes, but not like before.  I'm going to take a bit of time to sort things out.

Stay tuned, just know that "ceasing to work" is NOT in my vocabulary, but slowing down and taking time for me.

Thanks for checking on me,

hugs,

joanne
love to hear what you've got to say.........

5 comments:

Patti B said...

Happy 2024 and to you having some ME time!

Anonymous said...

I’m so excited that you’re leaving the M-F world. You have such creative talents that can bring you and others (ok a little self-serving) such joy! And you can manage your world. I hope all is well iswith your family.

Regina said...

Joanne, I'm glad you're taking time for yourself.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

😘

Marianne said...

I love retirement - more time to quilt. Since you've spent a lot more time than I ever have quilting, I wish you a happy time not quilting so much (if that's what you want). The best thing about retirement is not having a schedule, and that's what I wish for you!