Saturday, January 8, 2022

Even the good things in life change.....


Way too often taking care of ourselves seems to be the lowest task on our list of priorities. Along those lines, I will no longer be accepting quilts for machine quilting.  I am slowing things down for a while and changing the scenery in my life in a very big way. 

Not sure how long this change will be but I hope at some point to return to quilting for all of you great quilters.  It has been fun, challenging, and a great learning experience.  But a new opportunity has come along and this is where I change the direction of my life, at least for a while.

I will (hope) to continue to blog, it has been something that I have enjoyed but at times was a huge burden.  Hopefully, with the quilting slowing down I will once again take pleasure in posting. I have a few months of quilts that I still need to post and will be doing so soon, don't forget to check back!

I print my blog, (Blogs2Print) it is a fantastic way to keep track of all of those truly fabulous quilts that I have had the pleasure to be a small part of the finishing process. 

So for now, the machines are quiet, lights are out and I'll be turning my focus in a different direction.

Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,

joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.............



4 comments:

Pat from Vt. said...

My very best wishes to you Joanne on your next venture. Breathe a sigh of relief, put on a classic record, and enjoy all those wonderful music boxes. I will keep in touch. Pat

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I hope you get some rest and enjoy time away from your quilting.
Sometimes it clears the mind and things look better.
Have missed our sew days with you in Grantham.
Take care of yourself and stay safe.
Hugs
Regina

Rhonda said...

Good for you. Changes are good and slowing down is a great way to nurture yourself. Hats off to you!!!

Terry said...

Good luck on the next chapter of your life! I will miss your beautiful quilting. :0)