Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Quilts Anyone?

Like everyone else my life has been just as crazy and hectic as ever.  Lots of new and exciting things going on. But for today I'm wanting to share a few photos of the great quilts I've had the pleasure to work with this month.  This isn't all of them, there's a few more, but I need to get a little more 
photo editing done.

Let's begin shall we ....

One of my favorites this month has been from Renie here in NH.  This is going to be a raffle quilt for one of Renie's many, many clubs or groups that she belongs too.  Remember, meeting the nicest people?  Renie's generosity has raised quite a bit of funds for different organizations from the quilts that she has donated to raffle.  Here's her latest and it's going to be a huge success with the fund raising....




Next we have a simply adorable quilt from fellow blogger Terry over at  
Terry's Treasures.  You can read a little bit more about the quilt, just follow the link above, and again with the nicest people.....



My next quilt comes from another blogging connection.  It's from Kelly's daughter Maddy.  We all know Kelly from the I Have a Notion blog.  If you've got a minute you might drop over to Kelly's blog and tell her "HEY!!" and don't forget to check out what the latest happenings at her on line store has to offer.  Okay, enough with the commercial for Kelly, how about a really great quilt from 
Ms. Maddy?  Who did a fantastic job on her quilt, a new quilter I believe...




Sue managed to find enough time to put together this great t-shirt quilt for her son Lance for Christmas!!  Not sure how she pulled it off, that girl's schedule is more insane than mine!!  Here's what Lance is going to find under the tree....



Another great Christmas present is going to be this adorable sports quilt for a very special grandson!  Jane did a great job with this one!  I am sure he's going to LOVE IT!!!







A new baby will be wrapped in all kinds of love and this quilt will help keep the new arrival snug as a bug!!  I love the X's & O's of the quilt design and Eilene allowed me to run with the X's & O's for the quilting design.  Eilene and her family will soon be welcoming the little one any day now!! Congrats to the entire family!!






While on the subject of little ones, how about this great little quilt from Rita?  I love the shape of it, so different than the typical baby quilt.  It's going to be loved for a really long time I'm sure!  Great job Rita!!






My next quilt came from across the country, how fun is that?  Dorothy used to live in New Hampshire and is good friends with Renie.  It was great to meet Dorothy last summer when she came back for a short visit.  That Dorothy is doing some pretty amazing quilts with her scraps!  Here's a couple, a big one and a little one!





I love the cute fabric on this quilt from Michele!!  The fun colors of the sneakers made this a fun one to work with.  Again, I was able to match the theme of the quilt and stitch out a sneaker design!  What fun!!  






Lourie, Lourie, Lourie, one of my favorite quilters. A couple of wonderful quilts for two of the most important people in her life.  The amazing black one is for hubbie Randy, rumor has it he selected the (or some of) fabrics for  his quilt. Randy did a smashing job!!  I adore the gold print in the quilt, but I've been known to be attracted to gold anything.  The quilt is HUGE!!!  It's going to keep everyone warm while under it!  Lourie's second quilt is for her Mom, and again the color selection and fabrics were great!  Soft and very feminine.  Mom is going to love this one!





My last quilt for the post is AMAZING!!!  I believe from a new quilter and a young lady!!  My boys are so surprised when I tell them that not all quilters are old ladies!!   I'm fortunate to have a couple of young ladies that allow me to quilt for them. 

Jess did a fabulous job and when a quilt looks like this on the back......


I know I am going to love what it looks like on the front!!
















Jess selected a wonderful oak leaf and acorn design for her quilt.  It quilted up PERFECTLY, but her construction was nothing less than amazing!  I hope to see more fantastic tops from this lovely young lady.  Wonderful job, Jess!!  I know your Grandma is going to love this extra, extra special gift!

If you'd like to see more of these great quilts, you can check them
 out at my other blog...




Well, that's it for tonight! But that's not all of the quilts! I've got a few more from December and even more from previous months of quilting! 

thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne


love to hear what you've got to say................





2 comments:

Terry said...

All beautiful quilts...thanks for sharing them! And thanks for the quilting you did on mine! :0)

QuiltSue said...

You've been busy. It must be fun to see so many different quilts.