Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Hampshire Quilts

Catchy title don't you think?  All of the quilts today are from lovely ladies here in New Hampshire.  Here we go....
 
Rachel does a bang up job with her quilts and this beautiful quilt is just another.  I quilted a simple lace design and I think it pulled it all together. 


 
Next up we have June.  June is a hand quilter all the way, but decided the fabric on this print would be better suited if she didn't have to quilt it.  She brought it to me all ready for hand quilting .  Added a little extra fabric on all four sides, removed her basting as I went and she now has a wonderful wall hanging without the torture on her fingertips.

 
 We went with Calm Waters for the stitching design and I think it worked perfectly....

 
Sandra had me working on this huge man quilt!  It's all flannel and going to be perfect for the cold New Hampshire winters.  Meandering finishes it off wonderfully....


 
Jeannie had me stitching hearts on this adorable little baby quilt for her.  It was just perfect, love the soft colors....
 
 
 
My machine didn't run as much last week as it should have, too many other things going on.  I'm hoping to get a little caught up this week.  Found the stitching designs that I was asking about yesterday, so you will see more of that in the future. 
 
As usual, more pictures of these quilts are at the other blog here's the link....
 
 
that's it for now,
thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne
 
 
love to hear what you've got to say...............
 

5 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the loopy hearts on that last one! :0)

Needled Mom said...

Nice work on all of them. I like the calm waters stitching.

WoolenSails said...

I would be nervous, quilting on someone else's quilt, lol. You did a wonderful job on the designs and bringing it all together. I was looking at long arms, want something simple that sews with a frame, so i can finish all the tops I have.

Debbie

Allie said...

Beautiful quilts and quilting, hon, love that Calm Waters pattern, it's wonderful!

Jenny said...

How gorgeous! Everyone is so good at color composition!