Saturday, February 10, 2018

December quilts

While I'm defrosting from working with the snow, I thought I'd do a little catching up on the blog.  

Starting off with this fun t-shirt quilt from Terry.  I love working with them, the shirts tell quite a bit about the owner.  Terry did a great job on the piecing and the purple was the perfect color for the sashing. 



Hadn't heard from Suzanne for a while, but was happy to work with this huge star quilt she sent.  Of course, I'm lovin' the blues and the design is a great one for the fabrics she selected.  How lucky this new quilt owner will be to have such a great quilt!



Another quilt with fabulous fabrics is from Sue.  A simple design works great to show off the beautiful prints in Sue's first quilt.  LOVE the second quilt!  The brights just pop when matched with the black.  Very neat quilt!





How stinking cute is this one?  I believe this was a Christmas gift for Stephanie's nephew.  What a fun quilt, it's going to be loved for many years!  Steph selected a meandering design of sorts, it added a great finishing touch.



Here's a terrific little quilt from Paulette.  I've seen a few of these and just love the way they come together.  Quilting anchors and swirls in keeping with the ocean theme finished it off wonderfully. 



Kathy kept me busy for a bit in December.  First up is this super colorful fun little quilt.  Another great design for showing off focus fabrics, and the color combo she used is so bright and cheery.  Second is a soft baby quilt in soothing colors and a simple design, until you put those little blocks on point!  Good job, Kathy!  Lastly, this quilt had me thinking of the tropics!







Katherine gets the trophy for the greatest find in my book this year.  Fun story about finding this one while shopping roadside.  I won't tell you how much she paid for it, but it's pure happiness!  We kept the quilting design very simple so the fantastic job of the hand applique would remain the focus of the quilt.  



WOW! WOW! WOW!! Judy's quilts.....
You all can thank Judy for me ramping up and investing in my machines.  Judy has been sending me her quilts since the beginning.  She has always done better than first class, A Plus, excellent piecing with nothing less than fabulous end results.  When I started quilting I only did loops or meandering, for a very, very cheap price.  I would get these drop dead beautiful quilts from Judy and I wanted to do so much more.  I practiced, practiced and practiced some more, but couldn't reach the level I felt was acceptable for adding designs to quilts sent to be by others.  Had to, and I mean had to invest in that computer for my machine.  It adds what Judy's (and all the other's) quilts deserve.  This next set of quilts will not disappoint, Judy's quilts.....










Here's a excellent little quilt from Jamie.  This was a Christmas gift for a special person in her life.  The modern fabrics on this one are truly fabulous!  Don't forget to click on the photo for an up close look.  Jamie selected a backing made from sweatshirt fabric, it was my first time working with this type of fabric.  The quilt turned out magnificently!




Here's another WOW! quilt. Utterly modern from Ginny in both fabric and design. This quilt was a gift to son and daughter-in-law and I hope they appreciate what a truly appreciate what a spectacular job Ginny has done.  I did mimicked the quilt design with the quilting and it was the perfect addition to the quilt. 



Soft and sweet best describes this next quilt.  Another Christmas gift made for Mom from Elizabeth.  You can't go wrong with the blue and yellow color combination and Elizabeth using a charm pack making the fabrics blend perfectly.  A soft swirly quilting design finishing it off and you have an astounding gift.



Dorothy is one busy gal!  She definitely keeps her machine moving!  This month I worked on these two quilts for her.  It's interesting to see how the same fabric color families can create two totally differently looking quilts.  





How cute is this little quilt?  Modern fabrics and bright colors make it perfect for the new little one in someone's life.  Donna did a great job on the piecing making my job a breeze.  



Nancy put together this quilt for the JBC.  As previously mentioned this is a beautiful facility and the gals are doing a great job making it cozier for the patients who are there.




Up next is an amazing signature quilt.  Linda and Laura worked together on this really, really HUGE signature quilt, another favorite of mine.  I love reading the messages that make the quilt so special.  This is one fantastic gal based on the quilt.



Bold and brights are Linda's fabric of choice.   She tells me these scrappy quilts are just for her!  The bright colors will brighten up any room.  I've seen a few of these fabrics from Linda before, great way to use up those scraps.





Here's another quilt that was probably under a Christmas tree.  Susanne made this one for her grandson. Blues and grays are excellent color choices and I kept the quilting modern and fun.



Here's a quilt from Janice over in Maine.  I believe it's the Trip Around The World design all done up in purples.  The color selection was remarkable and very well placed within the quilt.  I kept with a modern-ish viney type of quilting design.



Last quilt of the month, another 1600 from Mary Catherine!  Another one!!  I tease her about switching it up a bit, but who can realistically argue with this wonderful quilt?  Start to finish maybe 4 hours (okay, I press between each fold) invested and when you add the border it's the most perfect size for a throw.   This is a woman who has made a lot of people happy with these incredible quilts! And of course, the quilting, perfect little hearts on vines just like on the fabrics - win!



Okay, that was my December hope you enjoyed the show.  Don't forget to check out more photos on the other blog, here' the link:


Thanks for checking on me,
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.................


No comments: