Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Placemats and Mug Rugs!

Placemats

OR...


they can be used as 
Cute little Mug Rugs, 
 They make a great little thank you gift...



I suggest using Tulip Fabric Markers.  If you are a quilter and would like to finish the edges with binding as I have done on the one shown above, that will work but I've just tossed a few into the washer and trimmed the threads afterwards. Pinking the edges will cut down on the threads. If I pinked the edges, prices would go up and I wanted to keep them as low as I could for you.

These are *continuous line designs*.  
What that means is the machine starts at point A and travels until it's finished the design at point B.  In some areas of the design you will find gaps where the design is not closed.  If you have younger children coloring you may want to "close" the design for them using a fine point fabric marker. All designs stitched out on pre-washed muslin with Warm & Natural batting for filling.

I can't begin to tell you how relaxing I found myself coloring the samples!!!!  You may want to purchase and color the place mat and then give as a gift to a child.  I can't wait to color another one, but wanted to get these posted.  This has been one project I've loved working on the samples!! 
 I think we all need to color more!!

If you are looking for a special themed item, let me know.  
I based pricing on the number of stitches in each design, 
just in case you are wondering. 
General disclaimer - prices subject to change and do not include 
shipping charges.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to email me!


Placemat Size 12" x 16" approx.
(click on photo for better view)




















1 comment:

Barb said...

You are just so clever and these placemats turn out so wonderfully.....