Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Busy, how about you?


My first quilt today is one of Alex's.  This beautiful quilt is a gift for a very special person in her life. I LOVE the modern fabrics with the very girly quilting design and the light pink thread.  It is a winner and will make a fabulous gift for the special person in her life.



Here's a beautiful quilt made by Candy from men's shirts.  With all of the lines Candy decided to mix it up a bit and go with a circular quilting design that finished off the quilt wonderfully!



This adorable little pink quilt came to me all the way from Washington.  Dorothy put this cute little quilt together from her stash.   



Dorothy tells me these fabrics were also from her stash!  
She did a fantastic job of mixing two blocks and then adding the two columns to divide the blocks.  Edging with a combo of all of the fabrics are a great way to use up those scraps!



New quilter Elizabeth brought me this bright baby quilt.  She did a good job with her quarter inch seams which made my job a breeze!  The hearts are always perfect for baby quilts.



Erna had me help her finish this scrappy quilt for a friend of her's.  
LOVE, LOVE. LOVE scrappy!!
Where else can you use all of those tiny little pieces of fabric with all of the fun and funky prints?!



Genia put this super cool modern quilt!
The accent pieces were machine stitched and create the perfect accent pieces for the gray.



This quilt is one that Melynn pulled together from a panel.  She cut the ABC's apart and added a border to create a cute little block.  The monkeys in the corners.  I picked up the circular quilting design from the polka dot fabric sashing.  



This adorable little quilt was a UFO from Melynn's aunt.  She had lost interest in finishing it.  The blue border is just what this little animal print needed to bring it up the a great size for a little person.  I used Cotton Candy as the quilting design, another great one for baby quilts.



A FANTASTIC job on this t-shirt quilt Melynn!!
Love the way you used sashing to incorporate all of the smaller pieces you wanted to bring to the quilt.  It is a drop dead great quilt!
Take a moment to check out the graphic on the quilt,  you won't be sorry you did!




Here's a couple of great quilts from Terry over at Terry's Treasures.  I'm sure most of you know Terry, if you don't hop on over to her blog and check out her latest post.  She's always up to something.





That's it for today, I've got a couple more already done and ready for pictures, both machines are loaded and a few sitting around just waiting for a little attention.

thanks for checking on me,
hugs,

joanne

love to hear what you've got to say...........




2 comments:

Terry said...

So many beautiful quilts...my two are in good company. And thanks so much for the beautiful quilting on mine...I love them both! :0)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

What I have to say is....WOW! Beautiful quilts and how lucky you are to be able to touch all of them and study them. I bet you learn a lot from seeing what others make.

Hugs,
Kelly