Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where are the words?

I've been hit or miss reading blogs, and definitely a miss on the postings of my blog.  Checking in now and then more often than not I see others with the same general postings about not blogging, being busy, life getting in the way.

The blogging community is HUGE, but I probably don't have to tell you that.  If you are reading this post chances are you are a blogger and know all about the blogs and the postings.  The blogs you follow may be different than the ones that I do, but I'm sure you have run across the same thing and know exactly where I'm coming from.  I have written before about the unbelievable commitment that blogging can be and again I'm probably preaching to the choir. 

I've been as busy as ever machine quilting for a number of wonderful gals. I have plenty of quilts to share.  Just yesterday I shipped three boxes out (Betty Lou, Ann Marie and
Judy M).  I've got Barb's ready to go, and I'm working on Dana's and Caitlin's is up next.  Bev called yesterday and she's got another one she would like to drop off.  And I'm working with a new gal and will see her quilt soon.In the mean time, I start as President of one guild and I'm arranging a fashion show with the other.  So I guess life is kinda busy my direction. 

So for today I'd like to share a few quilts that I have come my way.  This year I'd really like to stay caught up on just posting the fabulous works of love that I have been trusted with by their owners.

Let's begin with Terry.  Terry (blog link there) is a sweetheart and we all know it.  She waited much to long for these to get done and I really appreciate her patience.  Her first quilt is a half square triangle quilt that is so bright and cheery.  I love it!!  The second one is very country charm. I think the quilting will add to this one once it's washed and all puckery they way we love them.



Next I have Karen in IN.  LOVE this t-shirt quilt that she sent me. Many of the t-shirts that she used are so inspirational.  We finished it off with a simple meandering stitch.  Here's a link to Karen's blog.  Now here's a picture of the quilt:


Judy S in NC sent me the following quilts.  The first one is for her son who is a huge football fan and the other two are for her adorable little granddaughters.  Here's her quilts...




It amazes me that if I can force myself to sit, the words will come. It seems difficult when I don't have anything on my mind before I sit down to actually sit and do it!  Clear as mud?  Well, that's sorta how I roll...

As always take a peek at the other pictures I've posted on the
other blog, here's the link:


Thanks for checking on me,
Have a fabulous week.....
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say........


9 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Joanne, I see that you have been extremely busy. I emailed you the other day about a few quilts. Please check you what I was asking about when you get a chance.
Signed nervously waiting!!!!

Needled Mom said...

You have been busy, but the results are wonderful.

Terry said...

You're so sweet Joanne! I didn't mind waiting at all! Now I just have to get busy and get them bound! :0)

JayTee said...

I love the quilts you show...and the quilting detail is very nice. I love the quilting on Terry's second quilt ( MAy I ask the name of the design...pantograph or not???

lisa said...

just remember to take care of youself!! without you it would all fall apart =) I do miss hearing what you've been up to, but I am in the same boat....doing a lot, but nothing worth mentioning.

Barb said...

Hi Joanne

My stack of quilts to send you is growing! I have to get the back ready! I will call to ask when is best. I have been out of touch for a while, but am back on track!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Yes, this blogging world is amazing...and it does take time to read and connect. I find I spend a few minutes here and there catching up ...otherwise I'd be on the bot all day long and that isn't good for da brain!

You have the best quilters...those quilts are fun to see...thanks for sharing.
Smiles,
Kelly

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! you have been really busy but, such great quilting! Have a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

so, so pretty....blogging does take a lot of time but it also at times keeps me sane....I am glad we are friends!