Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy....

I know we all are, busy, busy, busy.   With the quilt show behind me I'm wrapping up the final details and laying a successful show to rest.  I'll be sharing a few of the quilts with you soon.  Can't show them all, I didn't get permission from the makers.  But I do have a couple that are amazing!!  Need to get my facts together and write the post. 

Other things....dropped my camera, but I've already replaced it with a beauty! Lovin' my new camera, but with the new comes the learning curve!  UGH!!  But I've got so many huge learning curves in my life right now, I'm turning in circles.

Here's a sneak peak at Tita's quilt....


And then there is a Judy Neimeyer table runner....



I'll be using this picture again in a future blog post.  It's the blue painters tape.  This is what I use when I receive tops which have open seams.  If I am not careful while quilting, I can manage to get the hopping foot stitched into place resulting in some serious ripping out.  It gets hairy and not fun for me.  By placing the blue tape I can stitch right over the open seam without fear.  The tape is easily removed after stitching.  I use this method when I "find" a seam after the quilt has been loaded.  For more pictures hop on over to my other blog, Insanely Cheap Quilting

Check out this turkey picture, took it with my new camera.  Isn't it cool??


Alrighty now...I've got quilts to work on, people to call, dishes to wash, laundry to do and I'm still sitting here in my pj's.  Got to get movin'!!  

Have a wonderful day!
hugs,
joanne

love to hear what you've got to say.........................

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Joanne, that turkey is amazing...I love seeing wild animals ..... in someone elses backyard ... LOL

Needled Mom said...

I have always loved the plaids in a quilt. I'm glad you have a new camera so you can continue to share pics with us.

The table runner is stunning. I just love Judy Neimeyer patterns. It was interesting to read about the open seams and the hopping foot.

WoolenSails said...

Love the homespuns, that looks like one I made last year and a few of the same fabrics.

Debbie

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the table runner - all those points! And the homespun looks like something you could just cuddle up in. Very cool photo of the turkey! What kind of camera did you end up buying?

Merilyn said...

The table runner looks amazing, just love all those tiny pieces!!! Love the plaid look but haven't gotten into plaids yet, and the turkey, well how proud he looks!!! is that snow still on the ground???

Allie said...

Beautiful quilts! What do you mean, open seam? That has my curiousity up.

JudyCinNC said...

Hey Lady - you need to stop spinning - "unplug from the matrix" for a day and see if that helps. Love those quilts. Judy C sends her best

Barb said...

You are one busy gal.

My husband raised turkeys at one time....and they are just beautiful.